Sunday, June 8, 2008

I am glad I am not Kate...

I feel true sympathy for Kate of Jon & Kate Plus 8. If you have ever watched the popular series, you will understand. The show is highly addictive, probably due to viewers curiosity and feeling blessed. Jon and Kate have 8 children, 1 set of twins and 1 set of sextuplets. The twins are 7 years old, and the sextuplets are 4 years old. Enough said. There is a simple reason as to why I am writing about them, and that, in some ways, I am glad I am not Kate. I shall explain....

It is another rough night with Liam. I am listening to him stir and settle over and over again. My comfy rocking chair needs to be properly cleaned tomorrow, as does my floor. And my laundry load has grown. He had finally gone down at about 10:15, but was crying and awake every 15-20 minutes. Note to everyone: I do not need a gym. I am up and down the stairs 10-20 times in a night minimum. There was various reasons as to his awakenings; he had gone the wrong way in his crib and bumped his head, his soother was under his head, his soother was under his ear, the soother was in his hand (haven't quite figured out what his problem was with that, other than it not being in his mouth). He peed on me... not just a little, I was soaked and so was he, then he cried and cried. Then after midnight, I tried and tried to calm him down, and nothing was working. Then the back arched, he screamed, and out it all came. My chair, me, him, the floor. Truly, my aim is getting better. I have learned to at least aim him away from our beds. So, nonetheless, got him settled down again after cleaning up, and I am back upstairs. I'm tired, I can still smell baby puke, and Jon and Kate is on... very soothing actually.

Kate definitely proves that the impossible can be possible. She is a full time stay at home mom, with 8 children. I stay at home with one. Yes my days, correct that, my nights may be horrible at times, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am thankful for having him in my life more and more every day. He is full of surprises, and throws huge curveballs, but I am up for the challenge. Plus, I can't complain too much, for awhile there, he slept through the night for sooooo many nights... I am hoping this is teething, but could it also be that he had beef again today? He seems to have an aversion to cows apparently, maybe we'll just stick to chicken... might be safer, and alot less messy...

On a happier note... We went to my parents neighbours kids birthday party. It was a great party, and Liam enjoyed being around the other children. And the weather held out for it. I can't wait to do Liam's birthday party weekend, it should be a blast! And my creative/big kid side can run wild!

Tomorrow, I am going to try to get more cleaning and organizing done. I'm falling behind, mostly due to exhaustion. Thank goodness for coffee. Will try and get Liam out tomorrow for some fresh air, maybe hit a garden centre or something. I know in the evening, that we will be going out with my parents, probably for a mall walk.

Enough babble, it's bedtime for me, I hope. Cheers!

No comments: