Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Congratulations Emily & Chris!

Our front flower garden---well, part of it...
Welcome to the world Kayden! Emily and Chris are now the proud parents of a beautiful healthy little boy, who surprised them by coming into the world 17 days early, on Monday, June 23, 2008. Congratulations to the proud parents! He is one lucky boy to have you as parents.

I met Emily a few weeks ago, I guess by fluke. I had posted some classified ad sites online for Liam's old stuff, and she responded to a few ads. I organized a bunch of clothing, toys, and other things for her, and she and Chris came over to sort through them. Needless to say, almost 2 hours later, they had almost filled their car, and we had hit it off. She is going to be an excellent Mommy and Chris will make an excellent daddy! Andy and I have alot in common with them, which is a good thing. Am supposed to get together with her hopefully tomorrow, to drop off more clothes, and then more drop-offs on the weekend. I know they appreciate the help, and I am more than glad to do anything for them. He was unable to get time off of work to help Em, which will be hard on her, but I know she's up for it.

When we first found out I was pregnant with Liam, we panicked at first. I get very anxious and anal about things--anyone can attest to that. I had so many fears-they ranged from if I could be a good mom, could we financially handle it, could my health handle it...those were the major things. These worries and fears continually got worse and worse as I got closer to my due date--I remember crying to my parents alot, panicking that I didn't have everything ready. Then after Liam was born, those fears became trivial. You will never be totally prepared or ready to be a parent. It is a life altering experience, plainly put. It is not something to be taken for granted. The first three months of Liam's life, sadly, I wish I could forget. The hospital visits, the sleepless nights, more hospital visits and admissions, my own post-partum recovery, and fearing more and more everyday that I could easily lose him. I remember being afraid to go to sleep, as I thought something awful would happen to him. Remembering the IV's, the spinal taps, the bloodwork, the ultrasounds on him, the list goes on, breaks my heart to think of what he went through. I would not wish that on anyone. The first few months of a child's life are meant to be remembered, not wished to be forgotten. Unfortunately, I feel the latter. I cherish every day with that little boy, no matter how difficult it is. He amazes me more and more every day. He gives me strength and courage, and has taught me more about myself than anyone can. He has tested me in ways I didn't think possible, changed my life for the better, and matured me more than I could ever imagine. Being a mother means so much more to me now--and makes me appreciate my own that much more. He is what keeps me going and has even made me forget about my MS at most times, and by having him, has improved my health greatly.

Onward...made my yummy lasagna tonight. I usually make it at least 3 times a month, and then there are always left overs for Andy for work. Very yum-o. Mom and dad were over last night, and brought over the air conditioner that they bought for us--thank you! And they came over tonight to play with Liam and to take him for a walk. It gave me time to unload and reload the dishwasher, and tidy up. Still have a few things to do tonight--litterboxes, a load of laundry, and random tidying...

Liam is doing okay today, he was tricky to get down last night, as apparently the lentils and split peas that they hide in baby food, do NOT agree with him. So today, we went shopping, and bought yummy organic baby food with no crap in it, and he was fine. And--he loved eating it. He had peaches, pears and oatmeal for breakfast, chicken, sweet taters and carrots for lunch, and chicken, apricots, sweet taters, corn and peas for dinner. I even did some homemade baby food to put in the freezer.

Tomorrow will be a lazy day. Need to go to Sears, back to the store for more organics, and for a couple walks. Will try to get to the farmers market over the weekend to get some veggies for Liam, as they have an organic market. Yep, apparently we're going organic baby!

Friday is grocery shopping day, and we have doctors appointments in the afternoon. And Saturday is my birthday, so will be going shopping for my present--grins--and then to dinner with Grams, and for cake with my parents after that.

Should go, these blogs are getting longer and longer! Cheers!

2 comments:

Manders said...

Happy Birthday!! We are off to family camp tomorrow morning!! Take care!!

Melissa said...

Thanks! Hope you have a good time at family camp! Cheers!