Monday, June 2, 2008

First Post....Early Bedtime Tonight

I figured a general blog was in the cards for me. I have one started just for Liam, but I found it hard to write on there. So, this blog will cover everything... well, almost everything... anything that I can possibly come up with, while Liam dreams sweet dreams. After the bottles are made, the messes are tidied, my emails are caught up, and phone calls are made, I will try to sit down and blog as much as possible. It may not be exciting, it may not leave anyone completely riveted, but it is what it is. So here goes... the start to something...

Andy is at work tonight, and Liam went down over an hour early tonight, as he didn't have his usual evening nap. For an 8 month old that is teething like crazy, he is amazingly and surprisingly happy. My parents came over tonight to give me a bit of a break, I needed to tackle the ten-plus baskets of clean laundry and at least try to make some sense of them. Got a few baskets put away, and surprisingly got alot done. Thanks mom and dad, it's always appreciated.

Took Liam to his favorite place today--the garden centre. He gets
so excited and almost hysterical when he sees trees and plants. It's absolutely adorable. Ended up picking up a few more plants for the front flower garden that I started. Will definitely post some pictures on here to show off my increasingly green thumb. I absolutely love gardening, gives me a release. Am planning on adding some more to our front, not quite sure of the exact plans...

Tomorrow we are off to pick up the portraits we had done of Liam. I can't wait--he photographs so beautifully and has such an adorable smile. Also need to look at TV benches for the new TV we are getting, kind of glad the other one died. It put in its time, that's for sure. The new one will definitely save on space.

And tomorrow is also weigh-in day. So far, I am down by 19.2 pounds (63 total, if you count my weight loss after having Liam) and Andy is down by 45.5 pounds. I am so proud of him, and will stand behind him through this whole process. And it gives me the opportunity to cook up a storm and test out all of my creations on him. I am so glad, Mom, that you referred us there, it has turned into a huge success---pardon the pun. Only downfall is, I'm running out of clothes that fit--so much fun when your pants fall down...

Am looking forward to when Mr. & Mrs. Bob come home. I have been so worried and concerned for them, and have felt completely helpless not being able to do anything. You guys are always in my thoughts! *muah*

This has turned into a babble session, so I shall end it here... take care all!


3 comments:

Manders said...

How nice to have help and get work done and that Liam went to bed early!! What a blessing.

I promise to faithfully read yours. You must read mine, though!! (shadowofthemountain.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics of little Liam! You guys are doing such a good job on your weight loss-keep it up!

Dianne
(cousin)

Melissa said...

Thanks Manda! I will definitely be a faithful reader!

And thanks Dianne! You'll have to come down and see us! xx