Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Watch For Ice And Falling People... A Half-Day Recap

Very painful, that's all I have to say!!! Poor kiddo!

So today was the big weigh-in. Usually we go every two weeks, but since we had fallen off track, we wanted to go every week for a couple weeks. So, we went to the clinic. Well, we tried. I got out of the van, carried Liam out, Andy followed behind, walked across the snow, took one step onto the sidewalk and my feet went out from under me. Yes, I fell. Hard. Very hard. And carrying Liam. So going down on the ice is one thing. Having a child in my arms is another. A heavy child. I managed to keep him in my arms, taking most of the fall on my back, elbows and head. Needless to say, Liam, for the most part is fine. His face hit the hard part of a snow drift, causing a fat bottom lip, a cut under his nose, and a bloody nose. He also has red marks on his forehead and chin. He was hysterical as we rushed into the clinic, threw up a bit, and then eventually we got him calmed down and cleaned up. The ladies at the clinic rushed out to salt the sidewalk--should have been done alot sooner mind you. The sidewalk was complete ice, covered with snow, so it was a wonder we weren't hurt worse. My elbows are killing me and one of them is cut up pretty good, my back and head hurt, and everything else in between is stiff and sore. On the plus side, after a week of smartening up, I lost 2.4 pounds. Definitely positive. Andy gained 0.5 pounds, but we'll see what happens next week. We're getting back on track, it definitely takes alot of willpower and determination. I definitely want to keep losing weight, as I want to go horseback riding and have more energy to chase after Liam.

Liam is sleeping, my elbow is twinging, and I have alot of chores to get caught up on. Andy is going to shovel the snow in awhile, steam clean my bedroom rug after Liam wakes up, and I'll try to get the soaked pukey laundry done and dishes... Unfortunately, the couch is soooo comfy... and ER is on soon... and sigh... eventually I shall get up... Until next time, Cheers!

1 comment:

Clay said...

I have fallen on my share of ice, best was an ice storm in Seattle on a hill. Broke my ass (well, bruised it antway) and slid all the way down...