Friday, February 27, 2009

Traffic Court, Teething and Turkey

Thank you Rubbermaid, for making extremely durable storage boxes. Liam decided it was the perfect place to sit today!

It has been awhile since I blogged last. Things have been hectic lately, but I am actually able to sit down for a few minutes and ramble! I went to Traffic Court on Monday to give a statement against the person that pulled the hit-and-run on me last year. Thankfully Liam wasn't in the car at the time, and I wasn't hurt. And also, chasing him down, though stupid, was definitely worth it. So, off I went to court, expecting to take the stand. Was informed that the reason I was there, was because he was fighting the careless driving charges, but pleading guilty to the hit and run charge. After sitting through other traffic offense cases, his name was called, the police and lawyer talked to him, and convinced him to plead guilty on all charges. I was more than happy with the decision, as it meant I didn't have to take the stand--I've done enough of that lately, and still have more of that to do in the future.

Liam has been teething like crazy lately, working on a stubborn tooth that finally had a point cut through today. He has other molars coming, which are making him a little unpredictable and fussy, but nothing like he could be. Otherwise, we've been spending lots of time at home, playing and watching his favorite shows. He got a copy of the new Wonderpets DVD today, so he was watching alot of that--thank you Mr. & Mrs. H.

Have been battling a head cold the past few days, which hasn't been fun, but it's not too bad. I've had problems with my sinuses all my life, so it doesn't really phase me now...

Made a huge and very yummy turkey dinner last night. Thank you mom and dad for the bird--it was perfect! I did the stuffing in the slow cooker, made mashed taters, veggies and gravy. Sooo good! We went to Coffee n' Scream after dinner to let Liam play, which wiped him right out. Makes me wonder if he's catching my cold, or if it's the possible chinook that will be coming, or all teething... Hmmm...

We bought an ice cream maker the other day. We found it new on the classified ad web sites I check out all the time. It had never been used! We have made 2 batches of ice cream so far. Last night we made a 5-Layer Bar Ice Cream--toasted coconut, sweetened condensed milk, pecans, graham cracker chunks, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. So scrumptious and completely sinful! Tonight we made an eggnog ice cream, which would be fantastic to top a fruit crisp with!

Tomorrow will be a lazy day. Andy goes back to work tomorrow night, so will be sleeping during the day. I really would like to get caught up on laundry--mostly putting it away, so we shall see. Will definitely try to get in a nap again tomorrow--had one today and it was amazing! I felt alot better when I got up...

Should run, gonna watch some TV then curl up in bed... I love my sleep! Cheers!

No comments: