Sunday, February 8, 2009

Puke, Flames & Broken Glass...A Week In Review

Liam in his new jersey from Mr. & Mrs. H, looking soooo adorable. And Liam on the couch with Daddy, ready for action.

So, almost another week has gone by...I've tried to blog more, I truly have. I'd love to know how many people really read this though! I know of a few, who don't leave comments, but definitely let me know you're here!

I'm sitting here watching the Grammy's. I absolutely love them, and make a huge point of watching them every year. It's definitely interesting to see the changes in music--and fashion--styles, from year to year. I'm still not sure if some of the artists actually look in a mirror before they go on stage, but it always makes for a good laugh.

The title of my blog simply describes our week. Liam had a 2 day break from teething, and was sleeping great. Then his teeth starting flaring up again, so sleep was lost, puke was expelled on numerous surfaces, and tears were shed. It's truly amazing how much puke a carpet can handle, but I think it will be reaching it's limit soon. We have been doing lots of mall walks, which definitely benefits all of us. It's absolutely amazing and adorable to watch Liam trotting around like a little man. So priceless.We bought him new shoes, as he was starting to outgrow his other pair--sorry, Mom, $55 shoes were adorable at the time... We went to Payless for his new ones, a cute pair of Airwalk skater shoes, with a skull stripe pattern. He loves them, and gets so excited when he sees his shoes, as he knows it means a walk.

I went to my first Calgary Flames game yesterday. It was an absolute blast! I went with Andy and his brother Craig, and hiked all the stairs, as our seats were at the very top. I'll admit, most of the time I didn't have a clue as to what was going on, but that didn't stop me from having fun! Granted we lost the game, the stairs were killer (I found an elevator after the first period), and if I jumped I could touch the ceiling. But it was loud, there were some good fights, and the concourse is very cool. Yes, I'll admit it: I came for the food! They have a Good Earth there. And Pocket Dawgs. And highly overpriced, but sooooo tasty, nachos. And peanuts in the shell. I felt so horrible just throwing the shells on the floor, which Andy thought was hilarious. It was definitely a fantastic time, and I would love to go to another game! But in closer seats. Definitely...

We thought we heard a gunshot outside our place this afternoon. I went to the kitchen, didn't see or hear anything else, so didn't think anything more of it. Andy went into the kitchen to grab a drink, and found the cause of the loud bang. A glass bottle of Perrier had exploded and shattered in our fridge. Apparently the top shelf of our fridge is extremely cold, causing the bottle to freeze and explode. So, we spent alot of time cleaning green shards of glass from every crevice in the fridge. Definitely crazy!

Tomorrow we are going to head to Chinook to do a mall walk, check out the carousel, let Liam strut his stuff. For the rest of the week, catch up on chores, sleep, and laundry. Until next time, Cheers! Oh, and enjoy the video I snagged from Hey Lola ! She is hilarious! Poor kid though! Gotta love the gas!

1 comment:

Manders said...

That kid is sooo funny!! LOL! Thanks for that it was a good laugh!!