Sunday, February 15, 2009

More Vomit & Needing A Break



I had 2 nights of Liam not vomiting. I apparently took it for granted, as he was sick and miserable twice tonight. To all of the medical professionals that say that teething does not affect babes, please come and see me. They can come and scrub my carpets, wrestle him to bed, do endless loads of laundry, and dread bedtime as I do. It was a 2 hour long fight, he's been down for not even half an hour, and he's stirring again. I broke down after I got him to sleep. The frustration and lack of sleep was building, and I just had to run back down and settle him... Tomorrow, we'll cut down more on his bottles, monitor his solids, and give him some of his anti-gas meds and see how tomorrow night will be... he definitely needs to cut down on his milk.

We are off to Grandma's tomorrow to do her biweekly cleaning. We'll see how Liam is in the morning, if he's iffy, I might leave him with Andy and go myself. I would prefer for all of us to go, that way I can get her cleaning done, and she can visit with them. We shall see what the morning brings....

On the plus side, as I am starting to relax now, Liam was doing so many new things today. We tried fingerpainting again, with more success. Granted most of the paint didn't go on the paper. It was on his booster chair, me, him, his forehead, the table... everywhere. But the finished product, as you can see, was worth it. Then I got busy in the kitchen doing dishes, and left him in the livingroom to watch In The Night Garden. He gets really into the show, so silence doesn't surprise me... He doesn't really get into anything, so I didn't worry, but checked on him. He was laying on his side on the couch, watching his show, drinking his juice from his sippy cup. It's new to us, as he has sensitive hands, so he doesn't tend to hold things. But there he was, curled up, chugging his juice. Then at dinner, he was playing with his ride-on car, swung his leg over and got on. He moved it back and forth with his feet, sitting proud, then got off, and managed to do it a few more times... So the nights may be hell, but the days make it worth it... usually... he's stirring again... sigh...

This doesn't mean that I don't want a break. How I would love a couple hours by myself, with no worries. I am going to see if my parents will watch him Friday after dinner, then I will go and pick up groceries and unload them. They said they would watch Liam next week so Andy and I could go for dinner, which I am looking forward to alot! I just need a break. And some help. There is alot of laundry and cleaning to get caught up on, and I got behind after I slipped on the ice. So the next few days, I get to play catch up while Andy looks after the kiddo... Thankfully... I did have a hot bubble bath tonight though, after having amazing takeout from Montana's... It hasn't been too bad, all in all. I just dread bedtime, as I worry for Liam... It's always a guessing game with him puking... sigh...

Tuesday is weigh-in. Definitely glad we're back on track. It feels good to be doing it, and I love revamping favorite recipes to make them healthier--I'm always up for a challenge...

Should run...am getting caught up on recorded shows... Survivor... ahh... Cheers!

No comments: