Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Better Days Ahead...And Losing Pounds


So we went vomit free last night. We cut down his milk yesterday, increased his solids, gave 2 doses of tylenol, and a dose of his anti-gas meds in the evening. Seemed to do the trick. He went down at 10:30pm--I know, it's late, woke up 1/2 an hour later with a nightmare, woke at 2am to sleep with me, and we woke up at 8:15am. Rested, happy, and puke free. And, he's already down for his nap, a whole hour earlier. We'll just keep it up--it's basically guess and test with him, meaning it's alot of work. But we shall keep going, as we seem to be making progress!

Went for our weigh-in today. Andy lost a whopping 8.6 pounds--in a week! I lost 1.6 pounds, so am down 4 pounds in 2 weeks! We're definitely back on track. We did a treat mini-lunch after weigh-in, which we like to do. It definitely keeps us motivated and not feeling completely treat deprived. And moderation is key. And being active. I know that we are more successful come the warmer weather, ut we are looking into going to a gym soon, so we shall see. Should be good to see what happens in 2 weeks at our next weigh-in! And I didn't fall this time, thank goodness! Their sidewalks were completely clear and the clinic owner was very apologetic and worried for us.

We're taking it easy the rest of the day, letting Liam relax with his constant teething. Might try to get to the zoo tomorrow, as the weather is supposed to be nicer. And visit my parents tomorrow, bring up some things for storage.

Until next time.... Cheers!

1 comment:

Manders said...

I am glad things are back on track. I am sick still and Jonathan is, too! Emma is still fighting, as well, because she hasn't been sleeping at night very well. I cut down her nap time today. Hopefully that helps.

Hey...if you go to the zoo tomorrow you might see my mom. It's zoo day for her school tomorrow!!