Thursday, February 12, 2009

Vomit Night #4, A Green Elbow, Exhaustion

He's such a cutie!!
So Liam threw up again tonight, making it the 4th night in a row. It always happens around 10ish, so I know to possibly expect it. I altered some of his eating and bottles today, making sure he didn't take in too much milk. Sadly, he's teething really badly, and his gums are just bulging! This always happens when he teeths, so I get used to it. But I'm getting overtired from lack of sleep with him, and having to stay up to finish laundry nightly. Last night, it was my clothes, his clothes and my comforter, then a 2nd round of vomit produced another load of laundry. Tonight was nothing compared to the past 3 nights, probably because I limited his bottles. I'm slowly figuring it out... Tomorrow I'm going to cut back more on his yogurt, not give him apples or pears--he gets too much gas, and take it from there... We shall see... I did some research online about his vomiting, his problems with solids, and so on... His pediatrician had mentioned he is a sensitive gagger. So, there is a condition of Hypersensitive Gag reflex. I read some parent's stories and concerns, and they are identical to the problems with Liam. It will definitely help to go to the nutrition clinic, they can offer help in how to feed him, as it is something he will have to grow out of... so what I learned is, patience is a virtue, as it might be a long road... there were a few 5 or 6 year olds that were still having issues. The upside of this is, it presents a challenge, which I want to tackle head on. Alot of the things we've been doing are correct, and we are not to force new or different foods/textures on him all the time. We should space them out, so we don't make his eating experiences traumatic. Others suggested doing 6 mini meals, instead of the pressure of 3 main meals. Others suggested starting over, with single foods, then mixes... So, we shall see. I'll make a few more changes tomorrow....

My elbow has turned a pretty shade of green, and both are sore and stiff. My back, hips and neck are still pretty sore and stiff, but it could have been alot worse. Bylaw was called, and they went out to check on it, so they will be maintaining it more often.

Walked Chinook Mall today, got Liam pj's and socks, and pj bottoms for myself. Exciting stuff... He sure loves his walks... Will try to get him walking tomorrow, depending on the weather. Looking outside right now, the snow is is falling... Should run... Cheers!

No comments: