Sunday, January 4, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

January is the time for resolutions. I made mine already, but will always still have my own guilty pleasures. I have written about the food related ones on my foodie blog site. Other guilty pleasures, which I will sadly reveal, are not food related, but simple. I have realized that I crave simplicity, especially when life seems so fast paced and hectic. So here goes. My guilty pleasures.
  • Old TV Shows. I love the Beverly Hillbillies, Mary Tyler Moore, Bewitched. Some of the not so old, but good ones are Roseanne, Full House, Home Improvement, Family Matters, and Fresh Prince Of BelAir. I know the theme songs are running through your heads right now... c'mon, admit it! There's no shame in it!
  • Bubble Baths. Peace, quiet, and tranquil. It is my vice and the best way for me to relax. Especially with Lush products. Bubble bars that smell like candy? I'm there... So sweet!
  • Reading cookbooks. May seem silly, but I am obsessed with cooking, so it gives me focus.
  • Blogging. Keeps my thoughts out in the open.
  • Reading flyers. Seems silly again, but I get excited when the flyers come. Just ask Andy.
I'm sure there are more that I'm not thinking of right now. But Home Improvement is on, I read my flyers, and I'm off to scour cookbooks for some new recipes to revamp. Keep an eye on my foodie blog for new postings and recipes soon! Cheers! And leave comments people--yep, still anal!

4 comments:

Manders said...

I want to borrow some of your Full House sometime. Right now I have enough to watch with Friends seasons 2 and 3 and Dr. Quinn Seasons 1 and 2.

Yes, I know all the words to Fresh Prince of Bel Air...."Well, this is a story all about how my life got flipped right upside down and I like to take a minute just sit right there I'll tell you how I became the Prince of a town called Bel Air...."

Gal Friday said...

Your guilty pleasures sound like MY guilty pleasures(and I have not taken an indulgent bubble bath in a while....maybe tonight!).
In addition to old TV sitcoms(Bewitched, Mupet Show, Mary Tyler Moore, etc.), I love watching old cartoons--Looney Tunes, Tome & Jerry, Pink Panther, and yes, even Sponge Bob(watched two amazingly surreal and FUNNY ones with my daughter last night)

Melissa said...

Too funny! It's amazing that old shows become guilty pleasures! Looney Tunes was the best! And Spongebob sticks in your head!

Unknown said...

I just took a bubble bath tonight and old Twilight Zone episodes are a total indulgence for me :)