Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Trip To The Dentist....

Yes, my hand is in a cow's bum!

So today I went to the dentist. I went for a routine check-up, cleaning and x-rays. I guess I shouldn't say routine, as I had been avoiding the dentist for quite some time. Not a fear thing, just a "I-am-lazy-and-don't-want-to-go" thing. So off I went today with dreams of sparkling teeth and a big smile. Well, my "neglect" is leading to 2 more cleaning sessions, I had to fight gagging on the x-rays (I gag very easily), and to say the least, it really hurt. Yes, it was hurting. Not in a I can't stand it kind of way. It was uncomfortable. My gums are still sore. That is not the worst of it. I have cavities. Notice the plural usage of the word? Yes. Cavities. I have avoided them all my life, never been cursed with a single one. So I have not one, but four. Three need to be treated/fixed, while the other one will be monitored. I have an appointment next Tuesday, and they will be removing my top right back tooth. It is not a necessary tooth, not worth repairing, as there are two teeth missing below it, so it doesn't even aid me in chewing. Then I go back twice in August for the remainder of my cleaning sessions. I better be able to see myself in my own teeth after that! Just kidding. In September I go back for two fillings on the other two problematic teeth, and a repair on a chipped tooth, due to my not-so-innocent tongue piercing. And yes, my tongue piercing is not in my mouth anymore, and neither is my lip piercing. Two very smart moves on my part, done slightly too late, but nonetheless, hopefully the damage will repair itself. The one thing I will say is, thank goodness for benefits. And the goodie bag they gave me was definitely decent--the usual toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, breath mints, mouthwash, and the best and most ironic part-a Starbucks gift card. Now that's one way to ensure repeat business at the dentist--promote something that stains your teeth! Too funny!


Liam and mommy
After all of the torture, I returned home to see Andy and Liam. They were doing well, and Liam was quite excited to have me back home. I've found when he is really tired, out of sorts, or teething, it's best that I am with him, otherwise he can be a little fussy. He had a huge poop, which required four hands and most of a package of wipes, then was off to sleep. Slept for 2 hours, I gave him another bottle and laid down with him for another hour. All in all, three hours of sleep, and he was happy as anything when he woke up. Went to the mall tonight and met up with my parents. Walked around, got him some new t-shirts from Old Navy---I love that store, and had dinner there. Came home and put him to bed. Long but easy day.

Have been putting off cleaning the house again, but will definitely get caught up on it tomorrow. Are thinking of going to Sunterra Market tomorrow--my mom got Liam some organic baby food there, and I'd like to check out their selection. I also have a coupon from my birthday for a free slice of cheesecake. I'm all for sweet indulgence, so will definitely take advantage of that one. In the afternoon, Liam and I have our doctors appointments, so we can find out how he is doing, and we can find out my test results, and see if we can figure things out. And Liam will be 10 months old tomorrow! How the time flies!!!

Should try to get some sleep soon. Leave your comments, just so I know who is reading this! And Jane, I will show pics of Miss Lucy to Liam tomorrow and see if he says "hi" back. Too precious! Goodnight all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe too funny about the starbucks...that is pretty sneaky isnt it? lol
anyhoo ttyl - Emily

Manders said...

Starbucks!! My dentist gave me a nice coffee mug!! What are they thinking? Jonathan and I both need to go back to our dentist...I hate the dentist!! I have another cavity/filling that needs to be replaced. Jonathan has more fillings that need to be done. YUCK!!

Melissa said...

I know, it's hilarious! We made use of the gift card last night, and got fraps... yum-o!

If you don't have a dentist, I can give you the name of ours, it's pretty close to you guys!

I'll call u later Em!

Ed Hochhalter said...

I'm glad everything turned out fine with your past visit to the dentist. About the Starbucks Gift Certificates, I think it was either that, or a lollipop. So I guess it's more logical for the dentist to give you gift certificates.