Friday, July 25, 2008

Shot night

Had a slow relaxing day today. Went to Wal-Mart first thing this morning, to buy some Liam-proofing supplies. Was in the baby section and the power to the entire store went out. That store can get amazingly pitch black really fast. Momentary panic set in, until the lights flickered slowly back on. Relief. Then they went out again, and announcements over the loud speaker, advising staff and customers to head to the front of the store. A few cart collisions later, I weaved my way to the front of the store, just as the lights were coming on. There is always something happening when I shop there, I swear! Managed to finish my shopping; bought door catches and corner protectors. Andy's parents gave us baby gates. The reason for all of my panic? Liam is crawling. Not just dragging his bum pitifully across the floor. Nope, he is on all fours and ready for action. He pulled out all the video game cases last night, and enjoyed turning off the cable box repeatedly. And he loves the idea of opening and closing doors. He had a look of confusion on his adorable little face when they wouldn't open anymore. We also put a screen over the cable box and dvd player. Will do more baby proofing tomorrow. And the next day. And the day after that. And the day after that.... You get where I am going with this.

After the Wal-Mart adventure, I dropped the car off to get the windows tinted, and headed home. We gave Liam breakfast; he loves his oatmeal and fruit. And yogurt. He can't get enough of it. We bought him 3 packs of mini-go's tonight. That should hold him for a bit.

Went and did our grocery shopping tonight. Managed to cut my grocery bill by about $55. I'm getting really good at this! I am so proud of myself!

All is well with the doc's appointment for me. Switched my prescription so that should help. And Liam's check-up went very well. He is 31.5 inches long (11 inches more than at birth), 26 pounds 9 ounces, and right on target for his age and then some. I'm so proud of my little peanut.

Tomorrow is still up in the air. Not quite sure what we will do, definitely water the plants and a walk in the morning. Then after his nap, we will go to mom's so I can clean up the car and visit.

Liam starts his Starfish swim lessons on Monday. They run for the entire week, I can't wait! He absolutely loves the water and it will be good for both us to learn about different ways to play in the pool together. My mom is going to come and watch for the first 2 days, then Andy will come the last 2 days.

Should run though. Need to do my shot, and try to get some sleep. He's been stirring for awhile now, but he is still sleeping. Night! And to all of my readers who don't leave comments, tsk tsk!

2 comments:

Manders said...

What Walmart is it? Sounds like an adventure when you go there!!

Melissa said...

The one at Deerfoot. There have been a few times I go after midnight... oh my... it's hilarious on the weekends!