Sunday, July 6, 2008

Broken Down

It was a low day today. I woke up exhausted, as did Liam. We didn't sleep well, which I knew was the start of a bad day. I couldn't shake it off, which was rubbing off on Liam, who was as tired as I was. And he was having a hard time napping today. It was a day of frustration and alot of tears. Later in the afternoon, after having an argument with my parents, and hanging up on them numerous times, things got a bit better. Coffee kicked in, I vented it all out, and Andy woke up. He is off for 3 weeks, which gives me an immense sense of relief. He played with Liam while I cooked our not-orange sweet potatoes--they were soooo good though, despite the lack of normal color--they were white. Barbequed drumsticks and sweet baby carrots... definitely a plus to the day. I'm in a way better frame of mind. Liam fell asleep at 7:30, has woken up twice to have bottles, and is STILL asleep... not sure how the night will go, but we shall see. Hopefully he's not up too early.

Tomorrow is the stampede BBQ dinner at the funeral home. Sadly, I'm a geek. I love it. I love the theory of it. I look forward to it every year. Good food, good company. Love it. This will be Liam's first year there. Should be awesome. We are taking Liam to the Stampede on Friday. We'll see how it goes, stay as long as possible, show him all of the animals and rides. Should be fun for all of us.

And we will be hopefully going to the zoo on Tuesday with Emily, Chris and Kayden. I love it there, and Liam has really been enjoying it more and more.

Lots to get done this week, need to sort through all of our stuff and get it ready for next weekend's garage sale. And keep the laundry and cleaning going too, mostly tomorrow.

Should run though. My bed is calling my name and I'm almost there. Cheers all!

1 comment:

Manders said...

Hope you have a better day today. It is hard when you both don't sleep well. Emma has been having a few sleeping issues again, which can only mean teeth. Hopefully they come through soon. (Although I don't get up with her anymore. She just cries for a bit and goes back to sleep!!) I promise you will get there!!