Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ghoulish Times

I absolutely adore Halloween. When I turn the calendar page to October, I start to get a perma-grin on my face, in anticipation of the end of the month. Granted it's only one amazing day, but the week leading up to it has found me running in circles! I've worked on decorating the yard the past few days, constructing a graveyard, scattering bones, hanging ghostly figures, and rigging lights. And apologizing to Andy for being Halloween obsessed. And being deemed a Halloween hoarder. Nope, I'm just a person who absolutely loves Halloween! I do all of the decorating for a few reasons, mostly for the kids, but also for the personal satisfaction it gives me.

Liam has even been getting into the spirit, asking to go trick or treating, and also asking about pumpkin carving! We bought 6 pumpkins today--cheap at Superstore!! Andy will be carving 4 of them, and the other 2 will go on bases with pieces that stick into it---I avoid pumpkin carving like the plague--the absolute site of the goo makes my stomach churn! Blech!!! Will definitely post pics of the pumpkins and all the decorations, and Liam in his Percy costume from Thomas the Tank Engine--he lasted in it for 2 minutes today at school. They did a party and crafts, which he loved taking part in! And he gets to do it all over again tomorrow, with his other class!

Should head to bed, am still chilled from being outside all day.... Night!

1 comment:

Manders said...

Will have to drive by and see it sometime. Aidan is going as a knight and Emma as a princess. (Double purpose costumes for now and Disneyland!) We are feeling very Fairytale like in our house!!