Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holiday Recap




Christmas was amazing. Simply put. Christmas Eve was spent with Andy, Liam, my Grandma and my parents. We had munchies, visited, watched Liam walk/stumble around. He's getting really good at it now! He catches himself before he stumbles, and seems to be getting the hang of this whole walking thing pretty well. We thought he would have more teeth for Christmas, but we're still waiting, and he's still chewing like crazy.

Andy had to work Christmas night, so we had to wake him up in the morning. Made coffee, opened our stockings, and then moved onto presents. Liam didn't want much to do with it, and was fussy with his teeth, but he was excited when he got his Wonderpet stuffies, beanies, and dvd's. My parents got him the talking Ming Ming, which he loves! We took our time opening presents, feeding Liam, opening more presents.

Some of my gifts included a gift certificate for a 1 hour hot stone back massage and pedicure at Juliet's Day Spa (thank you Andy). I have never been to a spa before, and would definitely love to be pampered. My mom put together an amazing cookbook for me, full of all of our family recipes. Thank you so incredibly much Mommy, it definitely made my Christmas-I love it! My Grandma gave us Discovery passes for the zoo and a gift card for Boston Pizza--thank you so much Grams! And Mr. and Mrs. H--I love the cookware! Yep, I might be the only person that builds my wish list around cookware! I got an angel food cake pan, cake serving plate, a new dutch oven, silicone coated whisk, a healthy cookbook, and a sweater. I may be forgetting something, but thank you again Mr. & Mrs. H--I love everything! They also gave us a digital meat thermometer and gorgeous steak knives. And Andy's brother Craig got me a skillet and the Gordon Ramsay game for the Wii--Amanda, you comin' over?

I also got PJ's from my mommy, tinkerbell pillowcases, a tinkerbell ornament, tinkerbell slippers, tinkerbell band-aids, soaps, a mini-muffin baking pan, and other things. They also gave us gift cards for restaurants, and they are paying for a night in Edmonton, when we go hopefully in the spring. Andy gave me ornaments, tinkerbell socks, J-Lo perfumes, bath bombs, Lush products--I love that stuff, last season of Roseanne, a new hair dryer--it has a straightener attachment, chocolates, the new Reba CD collection, the new Pink cd, 2 shirts, 2 sets of pj's--one of them tinkerbell, of course.... I know I am missing stuff.

Liam did well, lots of Wonder Pets stuff, Little People stuff, dvd's, books, bath stuff, clothes, pj's, socks, etc... And Andy had a technology heavy Christmas. He got a blu-ray player, dvd's, 360 games, hockey tickets (from me), ornaments, books, gadgets, toys, and other goodies.

All in all, it was a good Christmas! Went for turkey dinner at my aunt and uncle's---sooo yummy! And Liam loves playing with his 2nd cousin Kris... too cute!

Should run, Liam is having a hard time settling tonight, so it's frustrating! Will write more later! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. And Amanda--it's you, me and the wii! Okay, that's too funny...

1 comment:

Manders said...

Sure, but you said it is hard and I am still learning the Wii, so if you want to win...I'll play with you!! I've lost to Jonathan lots.

I am glad you had a good Christmas!