Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Coming to terms...


The past few days have been a rollercoaster ride of emotions, to say the least. I consider myself to be a very strong and courageous person, who can usually overcome any obstacle that gets in the way. My strength and courage must have been tested too heavily this past month, leaving me feeling very raw and exposed. As it always proves true in my life, when it rains, it pours. I find myself sitting here, getting more and more agitated and provoked. Simple noises are grating on my nerves, I have turned the volume down really low on the television and I seem to develop a nervous twitch when a loud car goes past. Some of this could be the result of a rough night with minimal sleep last night, agreed. I also find, when under alot of stress, I tend to become very edgy. The phone ringing is the worst thing. It has been ringing all day. Yes, I could easily silence the ringer, but it's not quite possible when it could be dad or Grams calling. So, I or Andy quickly hit the off button when it rings, so it doesn't grate on my nerves too much.

This really sounds like I'm just crabby or cranky, I agree, but Liam was having a day all on his own. His teeth are stubborn, and his gums look so painfully sore. I feel for the little guy... We kept him busy today though. Went to the weight loss clinic this morning. Andy lost 4.5 pounds (way to go) and due to alot of fast food, I gained 1.2 pounds. I had a feeling I would, so it wasn't a huge surprise. We went for our treat lunch at the gourmet hot dog place, visited with the owners--we were going there even before I had Liam, and they have seen Liam since he was basically a newborn. They're like his adopted grandparents.

Went to Confederation Park tonight for a walk and to take pictures. I have been having a blast taking gorgeous pics of Liam. We did the same thing last night, after having dinner and doing some shopping at Deerfoot Mall. He also went for his first ride on a little carousel last night. $6 later, he was having a blast, but to get him off of it, oh my! I see why some parents tell their children that the ride is broken!

Going to see Dad tomorrow morning. Bringing him cheese, salami and olives, as well as leftover ham dinner. He is starting to get tired of the food there--personally I don't blame him! It would get boring after awhile. They have him doing some painting on some planter boxes there, so he isn't going as stir crazy.

Am trying to find Liam a playgroup. Will make some more calls tomorrow to figure a few more places out. And Manda and I are trying to work out some coffee and play dates--gets us all out and about, and keeps the kids happy. I am also trying to teach Liam social skills and how to adapt to different situations, as well as maintaining the schedule that we have worked so hard on the past few weeks. Teething sometimes messes it up, but usually it's like clockwork with him!

Andy's birthday is coming up on Saturday and Liam's on Tuesday. Can't believe how fast the year has gone!

Should run, am going to read some of "Pride and Prejudice" so I can sort of look like I know what I am talking about at Manda's book club! It's very good so far, definitely enjoy the writing style as well as the moderated usage of wry humour. Cheers!

1 comment:

Manders said...

I forgot how good it is...but I don't want to spoil our discussion later.

Hang in there, girl. We all go through tough times. (Like a whole year with my dad...and it continues! LOL!!) I know you will perservere.

See ya tomorrow!!