Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Big Chop

I cut off my hair a few days ago. Well, I didn't personally, a hairstylist did. I went from having hair half-way down my back to 2 inches long. It's spikey in the back, I love it! I haven't had it this short in over 2 years! That's the big news. I thought it was time for a change. With all of the chaos in my life, I needed something different, some form of positive change. It worked in a sense. I love the possibilities it gives me!

Dad is doing better. They put him on antibiotics for his foot though, as it was getting red and icky--the best and only way to describe it nicely. I've seen it, and for someone who can handle anything, it was, well, icky! But his mood and attitude are getting back to normal, so that is definitely an improvement. He gives the nurses and other patients a hard time, definitely like him...

Have been up to the hospital every day with Liam to visit. Liam seems to be his favorite visitor, and he has enough strength now to lift him which helps his arms alot.

Have been trying to get all my cleaning and laundry caught up on, but with all the stress lately, my MS has been flaring up, so it's been tricky. Got more pain meds though, so at least I have options. And instead of pushing myself, I have been giving myself down time when I need it.

Tomorrow we're going for dinner at my mom's, with my aunt and uncle, cousins and Grandma, and Dad will have leftovers on Monday when we go to visit.

Should run though, Liam is having a good sleep for now. His teeth have been getting him alot, so it's been up and down...

Night all!

1 comment:

Manders said...

Glad to hear your dad is doing alright. Grandkids are the best medicine, aren't they?

I can't wait to see your hair. It's funny how your hair will change with kids around...